Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dumpster Diving

No, this isn't a cool post with a play on words for a Trash the Dress shoot or something fun like that, but it is a pretty funny story. So, I'm heading to a meeting at 9am and I thought I heard something drop into the trashcan... look around, and I seem to have everything that I was carrying... So, I go on my way... Then, after what seemed like a long day, I decided that I needed to take a trip to Starbucks to break up the day... It was then that I realized what had dropped into the trashcan earlier.... it was my carkey! So, after hunting down the custodian, I find out that the trash has already been taken to the dumpster/compacter but there is a good chance that I would be able to find it because he used black trash bags in my area only... I thought... no way I am going to look in the dumpster for that key, I'll just get a ride home and call VW and pay the few hundred it costs for the lazer cut key and chalk it up to my own blondeness... Well, a coworker convinced me to go out there and at least try because he would help.. So picture this: there I am at my place of work in my business casual attire hanging over the edge of the dumpster... I couldn't reach the black bags so I actually had to jump in.... Very Sexy... huh? Anyways, I found my key in the second bag, so it was worth it, and I had a great story to tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment